I might be interested in leasing a vehicle. What do I need to do and know?
- Fill in the credit application which is “linked” on our home page.
- Determine how many kilometers per year you drive.
- Decide on the type of vehicle you want to lease.
- Determine how long you would like to lease the vehicle for. You can lease a vehicle for up to 5 years in most cases.
- What happens after the lease is up?
- Great news…you have 3 options. You can either lease another vehicle, buy the vehicle you were leasing or simply return the vehicle and walk away. It’s totally up to you!
- In many cases lease payments are very similar to finance over time ownership payments however leases end much earlier and provide you with the great options shown above. As an example, generally a 48 month lease payment is very similar to a 72 month finance contract.
I had an accident. Now what do I do?
- Most importantly, make certain that you or any other occupants are physically OK. Ensure that you have yourself or anyone else in your vehicle checked out by a physician.
- Obtain all insurance information from the vehicles involved in the accident.
- Contact your insurance company right away to inform them of the circumstances.
- Report the accident to the police.
- Instruct the tow truck driver to bring your vehicle to Taylor Ford Amherst. It is your right to have the vehicle repaired at the Collision Center of your choice, regardless of what others tell you.
- Call us to advise of the accident and in case you have any other questions.
- Bring all of your insurance and ownership papers to the dealership where we will perform a no charge repair estimate for you to use with your insurance company.
Are there any prepaid service maintenance programs available?
- Yes, we offer the Ford Maintenance Protection Programs (FMPP). Available on all new vehicles, the FMPP enables customers to purchase prepaid maintenance for a variety of conditions. Terms are available up to 84 months coverage and 200,000 kilometres. FMPP, chosen by over 50% of new vehicle purchasers allow customers to have regularly scheduled maintenance completed every 8,000 kilometres. Plus as an added bonus, key items such as brakes are also covered. Plans are subsidized by Ford Motor Company and priced in the area of 60% of what separately purchased maintenance services are, therefore, it represents tremendous value. Let’s face it; all vehicles must have regular maintenance performed on them so why not save 40% off the cost. The FMPP can be included with your vehicle purchase or lease, at the interest rate available on your vehicle contract, many instances as low as 0% financing.